Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkNinja400Guy View Post
Which one should I get?

- Z4 m40
- m440 / M4
- m850 / M8

Also considering Miata, Lexus LC500, Porsche 718.

Audi's and Mercedes' offerings don't seem that great compared to what BMW has

This is mainly for driving around the local roads and mountains. Not planning on tracking it. Maybe once or twice in the future. I already have a track motorcycle.

The backstory:

I used to have a '20 Honda Civic Si Coupe - my first car. Great car and incredible value. But it was pretty rough for longer road trips which I did a lot of. Wanted something quieter and more comfortable. m440 coupe wasn't great, m850 coupe & LC500 only a bit quieter (LC500 sounds incredible though). 7 series and X7 were closer to what I was looking for. The M760 V12 was out of my budget at the time, and the X7 M50 seemed like a more sensible purchase than the 750 sedan.

I had the X7 in for service recently and got a "lease special" 3 series as my loaner. A 330i with no options and Alpine White paint (nonmetallic - doesn't cost extra . It sucked in every way compared to the X7... except for one: it was actually fun to drive. Like, a lot of fun. That's not a feeling I've experienced for a while now, with the X7. And at this point I'm fortunately able to afford a weekend car.
M8 (unless you value comfort then M850i). it's better in every way to the M4 unless you want to track it
Appreciate 0