Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavyyyy View Post
How is it for someone who's never driven a manual? I ordered a 6MT but haven't really driven one and will be picking it up and driving home 3 hours from the dealer, with 98% of my experience being youtube videos and the other 2% being stalling coming off first gear on an E46 M3 with an upgraded clutch.
My C7 was a 7MT and it was the best feeling transmission I’d ever driven. I had zero issues with it. I think in 35k miles, I grinder 2nd once or twice. But it was amazing. My Type R wasn’t as good. It was a more delicate shifting experience, for sure.

And you’ve never driven a manual, and decided to order an $80k car in a manual? Pretty brave.

Driving a manual is a walk in the park. You’ve already established that the bite pint is the most important part about driving a manual. I’ve taught a few people how to drive manual, and it only takes a few minutes. Once they understand the concept, it’s all practice from there.

What I tell people, is, go out to an empty parking lot, obviously with someone that can get the car out there for you.

Make sure the parking brake is released, and foot on the clutch and on the brake. When you’re ready, take your foot off the brake. Just holding the clutch in. Slooooooooooooooly ease up on the clutch until the car starts to move, at the bite point. Push the clutch back in.

You will see that you can get the car moving without any other pedals. I’d putt around the parking lot just playing with the bite point. Once you get the car rolling a few MPH, lightly press the accelerator.

Then the next part is, foot off the gas, clutch in, shift, clutch out, gas.

Appreciate 2
wavyyyy1046.50
Jim B1899.00