12-12-2022, 11:29 PM   #29
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
The niche that your machine fit in at the time was not a "bargain basement". It was at least one to two tiers above that (it had a 750mb hard drive, not small for the time). Due to inflation, that tier is more around $750 or so.

The two machines shown have much faster processors and graphics cards, and will perform much better browsing and watching youtube. But memory is now expensive. SSD's have no moving parts, and are blazing fast, but the lower tier machines have smaller hard drives (most people don't actually store much locally, video's, large files, etc.). If all you do is browse and don't need much more storage space (you're speed lacking rather than space lacking, but it looks like you have both problems based on the description.).

It's not confusing at all if you keep up with changes in the electronics realm. Covid kicked all of the factory's asses, and chips/memory became in short supply. Super bad timing.

Shawn
Tx for the explanation. That's a BIG IF for me re bold haha.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0