View Single Post
      12-21-2021, 04:46 AM   #2995
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Yeah, I should clarify it's a bulking routine, but he is at light weight. I tailored a JEFit beginners bulking routine to fit what we have for equipment. So yes, it's for bulking, but he is still working with less weight and most are 3x10 vs the 3x6 that comes in the JEFit plan.

What he has been doing, is if he can complete all three sets of 10 without much of a struggle on the least set, he starts at that same weight the next time for the first set, then bumps up 5 or 10lbs depending on the exercise for the 2cnd or 3rd set. Once he gets completes all 3 sets at the same weight he then starts the bump up process again. Anytime I see him consistently struggle each set with form I move him back down in weight until he shows that he can maintain proper form.

I'll start keeping him to less weight for longer. I also think I might have him record himself so he can go back and watch some of the things he does to start losing form. I try to explain those things, but I don't think he can visualize it very well because he gives me blank stares.

I do think some of it is mental too, sometimes he gets so amped up because a set felt good that his next set he goes into it too fast and I have to tell him to slow down and focus, it's not a race, theres no girls here to try and impress.
Just for shits and giggles,whats his diet/nutrition look like and how old is he?
-'22 X3MC,'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 0