View Single Post
      12-05-2021, 09:26 AM   #42
romemmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (F82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
What exactly is your point? That Tesla didn't make a perfect car? That demand is low for the Plaid? Low compared to what other car did you have in mind?

Can you list the 4 door sedans that are ranked above the Plaid? Would be good to know…

You do know Tesla now has better brakes and with a software update should have max speed increased to 200MPH.

It's like you are attacking the OP for saying he thinks the Plaid is great! Also, all Elon did was to post his ticket and I posted why there are 2 numbers. Also, I don't agree with a lot of stuff Elon Musk says…

Looks like you have an axe to grind against the Plaid. Why can't you just appreciate that the OP likes his Plaid?

Their website shows no Plaids in Inventory. As far as I know Tesla doesn't have regular dealers with stock on their lots. Where are you seeing this inventory? You can order one and get it in Dec vs waiting for mid 2022 for other models/versions.
I walked in to the dealer in Sunnyvale, CA 4 days ago and asked them. They said the website does not show inventory by Tesla mandate and they pulled up their actual inventory and showed me the list. They have them all in a local warehouse. I’m not going to say this is Tesla trickery to make it look like they are sold out, but think about the date.. they literally have them for December delivery and there is no way they are building them in a day, so they have them. That’s why if you choose a color they don’t have the date pushes out to mid next year, but they have a lot of stock. Just call one of their dealers and say you want to buy one - depending on where you live you could get it same day.

List of cars faster than the Plaid? Here’s a quick list:

Alfa Giulia QV (7:32)
Porsche Panamera Turbo (7:29)
Merc AMG GT63S (7:23)
BMW M5 Comp (7:35 - technically tied and the plaid was a fraction quicker, but within statistical error)
Jaguar XE SV P8 (7:23)

Note also that all the articles pull from the Nurburgring.de official site which has a very small number of cars on it (ie only official runs generally sanctioned by manufacturers). The fastest-lap website shows many many more, though I concede I don’t know if they are modified - however if a Panamera Turbo S stock car can do it in 7:29, I think there are many unofficial stock times that are believably quicker than the Panamera.

Lastly, I am not attacking the op so stop saying that. I am happy for him, and I wish him the best - but this is a discussion forum not a billboard so posting here should have an expectation of *discussion*.

Thanks,

S.
Appreciate 1
soooma1373.00