SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by romemmy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Not so fast (excuse the pun) - before you accuse Tesla of obfuscating.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/am...ing-explainer/

Also, I would take Motor Trend's position that the Tesla was the third fastest 4 door sedan over your assumption of which number to use.

But my main point was that the OP was the one who was appreciating his Plaid after owning other cars as well. It looks like you are hell bent on saying why his experience is not real.

Also, I posted the Pike's Peak video since at some point the Tesla can be modified as well. Plus, we should see track mode on the Plaid soon and Tesla just announced ceramic brakes for the Plaid, which will further shave time off.

You are coming off as being disappointed that people like the Plaid. LOL. No need to pull others down…
Um, this is a forum for discussion. And I want to like the Plaid. I said I have spoken to Tesla about getting one more than once. But I’m not going to blindly buy one. Also, not sure what you mean by third? There are a bunch of official times that are quicker in 4-door sedans - I only gave one example with evidence. It’s not an opinion Motortrend have published inaccuracies (proven in the article you posted with their own “update”), so I would suggest some research beyond Motortrend

I’m not hell bent on bringing down the OP’s appreciation of his new car - I’ve agreed 100% that the car is fast in a straight line. Faster than most cars on the planet, and probably a lot of fun. I’m just adding a balanced view that the Plaid isn’t the fastest on a track - and since both roads and tracks tend to have corners, we should evaluate both. A lot of people have commented tongue in cheek on this thread about the plaid.

As for obfuscating, yeah, they did - and he does it all the time. If not we wouldn’t need an explainer article Also not saying Tesla obfuscated - I’m saying their commander in chief did, and he goes off the reservation all the time.
I fucking love Eli!!! Just keep that stock going up and I couldn't give 2 shits what he says/does or anything else. Been killing it with Tesla stock.
Appreciate 1
soooma1373.00