View Single Post
      12-05-2021, 07:20 AM   #31
romemmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (F82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D22M2 View Post
Haters gonna hate - out of jealousy or ignorance (or low funds lol) Enjoy that rocket ship to the fullest !
Considering you posted that 1 minute after my analysis, not sure if you were aiming that at me? If so, I thought I proved I did my research (“ignorance”), and also already own cars already that are significantly more expensive than the Plaid (addressing low funds/jealousy).

Tesla has a very loyal fan base that do not question them, and whenever a weakness is shown, the person is branded a “jealous hater”. The artificial halo they try to create is crazy. They don’t let you test drive a plaid. Or get near one. The last car I test drove (me driving, myself, about 2 months ago) was a McLaren Elva - that’s $1.7 million starting. Before that, a Ferrari F8 Tributo ($400K), the latter which they gave me the keys and I drove for a couple hours without them. Tesla? I have a whole text conversation with them saying how they never test drive them and want you to just buy it. The rep at the dealership said that he recommended I buy it then sell it if I don’t like it. They had a new Model S at the dealer - literally only employees were allowed near it - the salesperson took me around the forecourt to get as close as possible to see it. The salesperson himself had only been in a plaid because one of his customers let him! Insane.

Oh, and they had about 12 plaids in stock ready to pick up right now. In a shortage. Hmmm.

I am going to rent one though. Near me Turo have 4 available for rent right now. So maybe I’ll be proven wrong, but I have some regular stomping grounds around here that should put it through it’s paces, so I’ll give it a fair go.

Either way, I sincerely hope the OP is happy with it!

Thanks!

S.
Appreciate 1
soooma1373.00