Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying05 View Post
So I have had one 991s and a 971 4s. You've bought 4 since 2017? Still have or just trade frequently?
Sold my 17 F80 M3 for my first Porsche. 2017 911 S. I put 38K in 18 months! You could not get me out of it. Then I bought a 2019 911 GTS. Because I HAD to have the GTS. Had to have centerlocks. Had to have alcantera. I quickly learned the GTS was not as nice (interior wise) as my 2017 911 S. Centerlocks where 10-15K to replace with aftermarket wheels. And that alcantera was a royal PITA to keep clean as a daily driver. I only had that one a year. Sold it for a 2020 911 S. The new design. I had that 2 months and the PDK blew up. This was right as covid hit. So I could not get a new PDK. Porsche bought it back. I then bought another 2020 911 S with everything. It was 162K. It had it all. I drove off the lot and the PDK shifters didnt work. Speakers rattled. I heard a odd clicking noise too. Shifters and speakers where fixed. The clicking noise was said to be a characteristic of the car. I could not live with it. It was very annoying. I asked Porsche to take it back. They said no. But the dealer gave me a FULL refund. My down psayment and every payment I had made. So I took it and came right back to BMW where I belong.

Porsche 991.2 was great! No problems for me at all. But the new designed 2020 and up 992 version is not ready for prime time yet. At least not to me. Plus after 4 years in a 911. I am ready to be back in a sedan. So ready!!!

PS: I do have car buying issues. I seem to want a new one every year or so.
I wish I had those problems. I had to wait until my daughter graduated high school and paid my Seven series off, wait for almost a year after I sold it to get finally get my first new BMW and M car. Don't get me wrong, I have owned over thirteen BMW'S and five of them were 7's. When I get this car, I will keep it for at least five years and enjoy it tremendously.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0