Flying05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying05 View Post
It was in their system that records when they text me? I had the manager that confirmed the car and next steps to talk with CA. All of these are recorded in the dealer computers. Not sure how. So I had build date confirmation, acceptance of allocation with acknowledgment, price, and requested how to pay deposit. They said after I get the build and the CA would take it. I even had credit app email from CA and appointment for build of which we did on the phone. Pretty much everything. That is what saved me. I have bought many cars and I hate car dealerships and sales folks. Not all are bad, but I don't like dealing with them. And I know their tactics and surprises that they pull. Although, best experience that I have ever had was with Porsche. They listen and don't play games. Very professional.
I would agree with you on the Porsche buying experience. Ive purchased 4 911's since 2017. Telling them what I wanted to make a deal was so much easier than buying from BMW. The BMW dealers seem to think they are selling you a bugatti. Its interesting how high the BWM world (dealers and some owners) think they are. Yet at Porsche where you are spending 125K-250K+, it's much more relaxed and realistic. And the 911 community seem much more laid back and not so, elitist.
So I have had one 991s and a 971 4s. You've bought 4 since 2017? Still have or just trade frequently?