View Single Post
      03-19-2024, 03:17 PM   #29
althepal
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 MT

Thank you! the black on black wasn't my first choice, that being Tanzanite Blue/Silverstone, but I think I'll really like it.

And thanks so much for the detailed PPF/ceramic info. That's a wad of cash for the full PPF, but I can see how it would greatly reduce my anxiety. Do they actually cover all the painted surfaces and the roof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfun82 View Post
Congrats! That’s very low miles for a ‘21 MY. Love the 6MT and black on black look with buckets - don’t see that very often. On the PPF and ceramic question with costs I’ve paid or had quoted -

If you PPF the whole car you’ll make your life a lot easier - you could go to a car wash, preferably hand wash, and not worry about having swirls in your clear coat. You could ceramic coat as well and have someone else wash the car, just make sure they use the right soap. The ceramic will help preserve the PPF and make it hydrophobic. $7-9k

If you don’t want to spend that much, PPF only the high impact areas and ceramic coat. $3-5k. Great thing about ceramic is you can blow it dry.

If you don’t want to spend even that much, just PPF the front and delicately hand wash. $1k+

Or don’t do anything and do paint protection eventually and waxing annually.

I had BSM on my G80 and have it on my X7. The X7 I didn’t do anything with for PPF or ceramic, and I hand wash monthly - there are some imperfections after 6 months, but nothing horrendous. I use a pressure washer and foam sprayer.

The M3 I took to a car wash weekly. PPF only. No swirls thanks to the PPF.
Appreciate 0