06-29-2021, 11:02 AM   #9
golovko
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW G80 M3C - IOMG/KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
There are two apps. The old app I can remote start my M3 but the new app does not work. I can hear my car clicking after I send the signal from the new app but it won’t start. I don’t understand any of this. Anyone else having this issue? I realize up above some smart ass called this a first world issue but I’ve been able to remote start my car is from apps for like six years so there’s no reason why BMWs brand new M3 shouldn’t be able to do it.
The brief time I was able to use remote start, I enabled it indirectly via the climate control/pre-ventilation option in myBMW app. I had not tried just remote starting the car directly. I also have this option enabled in the car, there was a checkbox in one of the climate control menu options. When it worked, it was a great feature for hot summer days when I'm getting my daughter into her car seat I can start the car and start cooling it off.

Agree on the first world issue, you can argue that having a brand new M3 is a first world issue, sure. But we should expect that all its features work as designed and when not, they're fixed/resolved.
2017 BMW X5 40e M-Sport - Gone
2015 BMW M3 - Gone - ED Pickup June 2nd, 2015
Appreciate 0