08-22-2020, 04:16 AM   #73
Flamingi
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M550d F11, 225xe U06

Garage List
  [0.00]
Does anyone know if the new Hyundai i30 has the clutch by wire system already? It is advertised with the iMT transmission, which is the name of the new system, but maybe the old manual was also called iMT, not so sure.

If the new i30 indeed has the clutch by wire system, I already drove it and I can assure you it feels just like a normal clutch, I din't notice anything different. My shifts felt quite smooth though, considering the last time I drove a manual was quite a while ago. Maybe that's the reason why. If the new i30 I drove had the clutch by wire system and BMW's solution is similar, there is nothing to worry about (thank god).

Regarding the 48V system, I thought Flasch said in an interview that they don't believe the 48V improves the driving pleasure so I guess you could conclude they will not have 48V. Currently searching for that interview to back it up, but I watched a lot of videos about the G8X. Also, Fröhlich said they initially wanted to skip the first generation of mild hybrids and start with the second generation which offers over 30PS of extra power. They thought the first generation with the measly 11PS doesn't offer enough benefits. I think they were forced to go with the first generation anyway because of the strict EU emissions regulations.
Appreciate 1
solstice5456.50