View Single Post
      10-25-2021, 11:58 PM   #37
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
Maybe you should have brought up the pricing policy. Was your sales guy aware of it?
In SD they don't charge over MSRP.
I had the worst experience with Crevier when I was shopping for my M2C in 2018. They were asking $20K over MSRP. I told them to screw off and got mine from SD.
So you are basing this off of 2018 pricing?

Do you think that the GM and sales managers of the dealership aren't aware of a corporate pricing policy? This may have been a policy in the past, but it is no longer valid. Penske absolutely charges over MSRP on a regular basis for cars that are available now on the floor..

Yes, you can get MSRP on an allocation and be lucky to get a car in 6 months. Have you tried to buy an M3/M4 that was on the floor of a dealership recently? I have and I could have spent hours/days negotiating on one of the four cars that was in stock within 300 miles of San Diego. I called on everything that showed and most were already sold. Those that weren't they were starting at $10K over and some $15K. Then spent 4 hours driving back and forth to the dealer to pick it up. Overall let's say I spend 10 hours doing all of this garbage. In that same 10 hours I could have spent time working or with my family. On an hourly rate that is a losing proposition vs paying $2K in markup locally. If $2K means that much to you buying an $85K BMW is probably not a great financial decision. I am not into wasting money, but the market is what it is right now.
Appreciate 2
Draper3467.00
Vic5519765.00