02-18-2021, 03:00 PM   #13
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by alz0rz View Post
I am coming from a F90 M5c so not the typical progression. I guess I would say I am just after trying out the newest toys. The F90 was an amazing car but it's also big and not really something I think I would have enjoyed tracking. Whereas I am hoping this G80 will remind me of the feels of when I tracked my previous F80 frequently.

I get that the Portimao is a standard 3 series color and that's why I haven't seen many posts of people going with this color but I guess I am hedging that the 'exclusivity' will just be in the bold design of the G80. BMW blues are just fantastic (except Yas Marina... yuck).

Anyway, here is my G80 build currently in Status 112 with a Week 5 (next week) build date. I am planning on doing Performance Center Delivery sometime in late March.
Hopefully the mountain weather will be good for driving it home in March. I'm hoping/planning on a April/May PCD back to Ohio as I figured the weather would be good by then, and not that I could get it any sooner anyway.

I was going to go PB, but decided to go with a custom color in the end. PB looked great and I wasn't really that concerned about exclusivity, but it was kind of close to Estoril that's been around for awhile and I wanted something a little new and different. Still looks like a great option though.

And, I loved my Yas M4's. Got a super ton of compliments on the color. I get that some people love it and some less so though.
Appreciate 0