09-30-2021, 02:53 PM   #119
mattburks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
Looking good!

If you had gone with smaller front spacers, could you have avoided the fin problem?

Have you done an alignment yet? If so, any issues getting in spec?

How are the driving impressions thus far?
mattssi
1. Put the 12's up front as well for shit's n giggles -- Still minor rub on full lock. In knowing I was going to need to do a bit of heating/cutting down there anyway, I preferred the more flush set up vs running a super aggressive stance in the rear and being skinny up font. I call this currently"flush-ish..." I think this might be the ideal set up for someone who wants a loud, yet conservative set up without rear fender roll, or more intrusive means on front.

2. Anticipating a bit more settling up front. Will be addressing alignment with Texas track works in roughly 2 weeks as needed. http://texastrackworks.com/

3. I daily my G80. Put about 70 miles on her this AM in variable driving conditions. Bumpy open stretches of farm to market, freeway and city. I report a true OEM +. I remember someone describing them as "softer" than OEM. I think i'd subjectively use the term more "plush". The ride is far from jaring. It feels as though I am better planted and low profile.. and dare I say, even more so confident than I was before. Very, very happy with this set up. I was concerned with seeing news of the KW HAS starting to drop -- but I couldn't of envision myself being happier with a spring, let alone price point.

I remember not so fondly running a swift type r race spring on my N54 10 years ago... This is quite a different experience. I think my chiro sponsored Swift -- or maybe it was I doing the sponsoring $$$
Appreciate 3
tom @ eas8215.00
mattssi876.00
JTO245276.00