View Single Post
      03-26-2023, 08:39 PM   #4
SE7EN335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 XDrive, 2023 IX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingplant View Post
I'm seeing a lot of mixed feedback for the EBC blues. There are a good number of folks that have said it did not stand up to track use. Seems like on the street/track scale, they lean a bit too far on the street side. Especially worried given the weight + horsepower of the G8X.

Also considering more track-focused pads like the carbotech XP10/XP12, so if anyone has used those I'd appreciate some feedback as well.
The EBC Yellowstuff is more comparable with the Ds2500s and I feel on these pads for spirited street driving or canyon runs, the fade can start building up.

The Bluestuff is definitely better than the DS2500s as they have a friction co-efficient of 0.52 nearly all across the temperature range. DS2500s has a peak of 0.4 and drops down as the temperature climbs. The Bluestuff has more metallic content so the brake dust would be similar to OEM as well. Even from cold, they bite really well and are comparable to the Ferodo DS1.11s.
Appreciate 0