View Single Post
      09-22-2021, 10:04 AM   #33
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

EV's make an excellent second car or commuter car, i feel we will find a way to produce the needed energy. My biggest question mark is charging, we will need an unimaginable amount of public chargers to make this work, much, much more than gas stations as the process is longer. Who is paying for that? Home charging is not possible for a monumental amount of people. No one seems to have thought of this on the EV evangelical side.
New apartment constructions are going up with chargers in place. Lots of businesses have chargers. While not free, the cost is just a fraction of what a gas station costs, so they can be put in so many more places and become so much more practical. This is even a boon in rural areas, where the closest gas station may be a lot further than the closest 220v. The charging issue is slowly solving itself as we get more and more cars in circulation. Yeah, no everyone can use electric cars yet, it will take a while before the infrastructure can support "most" people using them, but there IS infrastructure here and now and they are able to charge. The guys that bring the Teslas to the race track go and find an outlet to plug into while they are not racing, I'm not kidding. Not even everyone that races even drives their car to/from the racetrack, but these guys do. My point being, these are not insurmountable issues. They are being solved.
jmg18705.00