View Single Post
      01-13-2022, 08:53 AM   #1813
E_R_S_M4_Comp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARMAATL View Post
Honestly, the first thing you need to do is ask them to take the trade completely out of it. Take that just as a check to you instead of being applied towards the car.

Next, once they give you clean numbers (only for the car you're buying), ask them what money factor they're using. The base residual is 57% this month, and the MF I believe is .00111. They are likely maxing the MF as they're allowed to up to .00151.

Use this calculator to plug in the numbers they're giving you first, and then plug the numbers in with the base numbers above and see the difference: https://leasehackr.com/calculator

Then, send the updated numbers to them.

Use the money you get from the car, invest it into some high yield savings account and link autopay to it (or be more active and put it into some S&P 500 tracking ETF and just withdraw the payment each month into said savings account but just a thought).

In either case, never put any money down towards a lease, as you'll lose it if you were to total the car.
I asked for the check this morning. We'll see what they say. I completely agree with you. I can make money on that money while I'm waiting for the car...
Appreciate 0