11-21-2021, 04:02 PM   #41
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usef_Afande View Post
I just find it interesting that the main positive point that all reviewers of the xDrive m3 make is that you can come out of corners fast.. I mean we know that about AWD cars, it's nothing new
Indeed. And the main takeaway of the recent Pistonhead review of the M4x is that you can basically hammer it all year round in a damp climate, like the one we in the UK annually enjoy. Clearly, it's self-evident that the xdrive will be more reassuring in inclement situations; but what if you're not concerned about hoofing the accelerator two thirds of the way through a corner. What's more, it's surely telling that JA (no criticism, just an observation) for the most part, had the traction control off (which you have to do anyway to enable the full RWD orientation in the xdrive model, right?) so as to achieve the level of extra engagement, slip degree, and alertness he preferred. Isn't he therefore disabling a lot of what the system supplies in order to make the handling come alive? If so, would you feel compelled to do that in the pure RWD car, I wonder?

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 1