View Single Post
      06-19-2021, 02:50 PM   #60
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
This is exactly why I went from not getting Santorini back to getting it. I was told it would be $9000 and a 5 month production delay. My dealership checked with BMW after Santorini was approved, and got back to me with a revised cost ($4900) and commitment that the car would be delivered by EOY to avoid the tax.

It is possible they are bumping up Individual (incl frozen?) deliveries for Canada due to this. I don't know. Alternately, there might be an accelerated timeframe for Santorini since it was a launch colour on the M4 xDrive and they are spinning up production using the paint. That's a totally low-confidence theory based on pure conjecture.

In any case... I'm expecting my individual paint delivery in time. If they can't give me the requested production date in August and it slips further out that puts things at risk, I'm going to do Portimao + stealth wrap.

Tanzanite is nice. I like blue. I'm not big on "navy" blue on cars for some reason, but doesn't matter what I like. I reallllly wanted the frozen Portimao for a while, until I saw Santonini photos here.

No timeline confirmed, but my dealership asked for production in August which was based on consulting with BMW ahead of time. I'm waiting, impatiently, for email or phone confirmation from them
special individual order won't have a prod month of August maybe October...
Appreciate 0