Rogue
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogurat View Post
Stupid question, how are you not enabling launch control? I went to do a little racing this weekend and I was using the LC and it was frustrating, I felt how you explained; inconsistent, not sure if it was the fastest way to get off the line, doubted it really.

Just out of curiosity, I have a M4 comp, so wondering how best to approach off the line battles. I am new to this kind of stuff
We do it like this. Turn on M2, confirm M2 which drops the car in whatever settings you have. Its all Sport+ for us. Then hold traction control to full kill it, as when you set M2 it just goes into MDM. Once you do that, get to where you want to launch. Make sure the car is in SECOND gear, not first. Now, this is the important part, Hold the brakes down as hard as you can, and SLOWLY lean into the throttle, it will start to come up on the converter and build boost. When you feel you have made the most boost usually around 2300-2500, release the brake, and go. The LC will not engage if you do not have the pedal fully down with the brake on.
GOTCHA!

I'll test it out and let you know! Thanks for the advice.
Appreciate 0