11-18-2020, 07:17 PM   #13
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
It's a question of semantics and jargon. By "pure" definition, a coil-over is a single unit where the damper is mounted inside the spring. By this definition, the front strut suspension is a coil-over by default while the rear setup is not. However, in the aftermarket jargon, the term "coil-over" is often mis-used to specify a spring/shock package, even if not mounted together.

So long story short, the M-Performance suspension for the G8X is more than likely a simple HAS kit just as it was on the F8X M3/4 and will use the same stock dampers.

All 3 wheel size offering have very similar tire diameters, so no impact of tire/fender gap.

We'll have to see more details about the 1000M wheels, but at first site, they would not be my preferred choice as they seem damn heavy just from the looks of them. The 19"/20" M-Performance offering shown of the M4 "looks" like a more performance oriented choice.
Can

Thank you for the very thoughtful and helpful response.

I think I will stick with my 825M bicolor wheels and hope the MP Coilovers/HAS are available out of the gate.

///AVM
Appreciate 0