General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Can

Well, that thread was my first stop and the after scrolling through the first 10 pages all I saw was one post after another of expressed angst over the new G80/82 design. . . I said fuck it and decided to start a new thread. Your feedback is appreciated if you feel inclined to offer it here . . . if not, that is cool.

All I could gather from first post in referenced thread was the following:

"The M Performance sports suspension was developed and tuned on various different racetracks and is also directly associated with motor racing. The coilover suspension permits an infinitely variable reduction of ride height of between five and twenty millimetres (recommended lowering -10 mm vs. the M base model). With unchanged damper adjustment, the driver benefits from a lower centre of gravity, reduced rolling movement and even higher cornering speeds. In addition to increased dynamics, lowering also enhances the sporty looks."

This indicates that MP Coilovers will be available. MP Coilovers worked awesome both for aesthetic and performance purposes on my M2C (fixed) suspension; any experiences, thoughts or concerns regarding coilovers on the G80/82 (adaptive) suspension?

You indicated G80/82 will have "MP-HAS" available at launch. I am under impression MP Coilovers are just another name for what you are calling "MP-HAS" (height adjustable suspension)? Or, is MP-HAS different than MP coilovers?

Finally, any thoughts on the 1000M wheels in terms of how they might work to reduce the fender-to-tire gap? Is there any downside to the increased 1000M size over the 825M when it comes to typically spirited daily driving (I have no intention to track the G80).

///AVM
It's a question of semantics and jargon. By "pure" definition, a coil-over is a single unit where the damper is mounted inside the spring. By this definition, the front strut suspension is a coil-over by default while the rear setup is not. However, in the aftermarket jargon, the term "coil-over" is often mis-used to specify a spring/shock package, even if not mounted together.

So long story short, the M-Performance suspension for the G8X is more than likely a simple HAS kit just as it was on the F8X M3/4 and will use the same stock adaptive dampers.

All 3 wheel size offering have very similar tire diameters, so no impact of tire/fender gap.

We'll have to see more details about the 1000M wheels, but at first site, they would not be my preferred choice as they seem damn heavy just from the looks of them. The 19"/20" M-Performance offering shown of the M4 "looks" like a more performance oriented choice.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black

Last edited by CanAutM3; 11-19-2020 at 08:06 AM..
Appreciate 2
///AVM2528.00
JTO245271.50