View Single Post
      11-14-2020, 10:59 PM   #42
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

lets give BMW credit where it's due.... In this gen, its direct competitors (incoming W206 C63 and B10 RS4/5) will both inevitably get heavier from their rumored PHEV powertrains that also zap character. Both cars in their current gen already at 4000lb as a reminder. For BMW to offer a brand new combustion I6 and to give consumer choices in AWD, RWD, MT, AT, and every body style imaginable including a wagon their effort is commendable.

calling BMW becoming like "lexus, infiniti" is hugely unfair... Both of those brands are in quite a mess right now with few competitive products for both the EV crowd and the performance enthusiasts.

guys like CanAutM3 have way more credential to discuss impacts of weight on track driving so i wont even bother ... but i do agree its a bit odd that AWD G8X will basically be at the curb weight of F90 M5 that will still be around for 3 years. Will have to see in the driving reviews if the extra weight from the beefier underpinnings and bracings are net positives.
CanAutM321104.50