View Single Post
      11-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #41
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

I originally disliked the look but reserved final judgement until seeing it in real life. Well... was at a dealer today and finally saw a G82 that appeared to be neon-yellow in color.

I'm sorry but, and at the risk of being banned and as much as I tried to like it, I still don't like it. Starting with the elephant in the room - the grille - it's just too big and not in a good way like Audi Singleframe grille or Mercedes' newer Trapezoid grille. It still look like a big pig snout to me. Maybe I'll learn not to dislike it like the Lexus Spindle grille that has finally grown on me, but I've never bought a car hoping it'll grow on me someday.

Going on to the side, the lines just don't seem to flow, like something is off. I like the lines of the G80 better but I only got to see the G82 in real life. To the rear, looks like Japanese design to me. It's ok, not bad.

Overall, I'm keeping my F80 for now and will wait and see how the G80 LCI appears in a few years. If it doesn't work out then I guess my 25+ years of buying BMW will have ended.
Appreciate 2