View Single Post
      11-01-2020, 10:32 PM   #36
jkap27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I like both interpretations of Grilles. But give the M3/M4 the edge, they just look overly aggressive. It's something severely lacking in an M car for quite a while. Everyone would have complained that it's just a 3er or a smaller M8... At least BMW M. Can now say you know what? it doesn't. Not any more.

You have heard the term "Stunning and Brave" given to someone who says something edgy?
Well this is just direct "Fuck You" which I think should be applauded.
I find that especially delicious that there is a glitch in the matrix that allows the more radical choices to intercept and take over the conventional.
It just screams I am not boring. I am no way conventional. I value my own identity rather then let others decide it for me.
And we need more of this.
I think they looked at the m3s competitors who outside of alfa which has huge reliability issues are mostly run of the mill looking sedans that dont stand out from the rest of the brand's lineup. Can totally see why people dislike the G80 but bmw certainly made the change to capture some of that market for people that want more than just an elegant under the radar sleeper car. It certainly could backfire I guess time will tell. I see a lot of...'im switching to Porsche' posts but porsche really doesn't have a comparable car. Panamera is much heavier and the 911 youre giving up practicality and theres a big increase in $$$. Cayman your trunk space gets split and you lose the rear seats.
Appreciate 0