View Single Post
      10-30-2020, 03:02 PM   #45
Silber
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '20 M2CS, '19 i8 , '10 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
I think Chris Harris was right in the idea that in a year's time it might grow on everyone and people will warm up to it. It is such a drastic change that it will take a little time, most of us have not even seen it in the flesh let alone rolling down the street.

If it is true what some are saying that Asian markets like larger grilles.

It might be as simple as China prefers larger grilles, the vocal US enthusiast appreciates a manual transmission, so let's appease our 2 largest markets.
Agree with this. For the longest time I thought that it was a massive mistake and that I'd probably end up going upmarket to an M8 if I was to stay with the brand, but then when the M4 renders with the M8 style bumper came out I realized that I really didn't like the M8 styling ends up not working nearly as well on this body. I think any color that breaks the lighting and highlights all the creases on these cars, like the frozen paints, are going to look absolutely wicked in person. I'd really love to see one in Silversone II.

Now, the thing that I still can't get around to liking, and this has bothered me on the M8 as well and translated into other models was the redesign of the kink. This interpretation of it just doesn't look BMW to me.

[On Order] 2023 i4 M50 - Frozen Pure Grey | Fiona Red Merino
2020 M2 CS 6MT - Hockenheim | Black 763M
2019 Vorsteiner i8 - Sophisto | Tera Dalbergia Brown Int. | 3M Satin White Aluminum Wrap
2010 135i 6MT - Black Sapphire | Black Int. | VMR V710 | 1M Bumper | Rieger Diffuser
Appreciate 0