View Single Post
      10-28-2020, 09:05 PM   #85
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

BMW is targeting all segments of the market, so fresh products, and IMO silly lifestyle partnerships, are just part of the overall marketing effort.

Through the last decade, the average age of new Corvette buyers rose to 60+. Collectors of vintage Corvettes are even older. Recognizing that the Corvette market could literally die off, Chevrolet gambled with the new C8 being mid-engine, Euro-supercar styled, and no MT. They’ve gambled for the approval of younger buyers, and... younger buyers, especially millennials, appear to buying the C8, as are the older “enthusiasts.” The C8 production is completely pre sold out through mid-year next year.

At the same time, Chevrolet has introduced new pickups, revamped its SUV lineup, and updated its line of econo and traditional vehicles. They are targeting every possible demographic they can.

So I’m 69 and buying my first ever BMW. My wife has leased a couple 5s which I enjoyed driving, and although I’ve always thought highly of the 3 series as an ideal sports sedan, my cars have always been American muscle, SUVs, and yes, Corvettes. I will always own Corvettes.

I was immediately attracted to the new 4, even at my advanced age. LOL. It’s new and fresh and will make a great sporty daily driver for this old guy.

Like every other manufacturer selling in the US, BMW is relying on SUVs to carry the load, but it appears they are also creating a very diverse lineup of vehicles to capture as many segments of the market as they can.
Appreciate 2