View Single Post
      10-28-2020, 07:33 PM   #82
Jblack4083
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M3 JB/CB

Some of us seem to be prisoners of the moment. Or maybe our "im such a mature guy because I drive a BMW" ego got hurt? There's a lot of old guys and wanna be old guys in here punching the air over 150 units LOL.

I've been on bimmerpost for 10+ years, long enough to see this play out three times over. The days before Bimmerpost snatched up 1addicts or had an app. It happened when the first M SAV was released and it happened when the M3 went turbo. Everyone said BMW lost it's way then ended up in a lease the next year. This is the natural cycle of Bimmerpost and many posts here wont age well. I guarantee it.

First, it's important to note that our beloved M cars are not BMW's "core" vehicle nor do they make the most money for BMW, in total. The M segment, believe it or not, IS the segment where BMW strategizes they can take the most risk. Imagine not being able to sell all those 118ds running around Europe because of some mistake... BMW always has and always will take the most risks with the M brand. The M segment represents the perfect buyer profile to do this.

Next, its important to understand we are not BMW's core audience. We lay at the fringes of their audience, which is why our preferred vehicles sell in smaller numbers. We are, literally, just another one of BMW's marketing tools. We're just another way to evangelize the brand to "regular people" who buy vehicles like the 230i. For ever M car I've bought, i've probably influenced about 3-4 other people to buy a "regular" BMW. Don't ever get confused thinking BMW sits in a board room thinking of ways to make Bimmerpost users happy. Really, most "real world" enthusiasts aren't even on forums at all and generally have different opinions. Thats life...

I highly doubt more than 1% of BMW's market will even consider this collaboration when making their next car purchase. We, as people who are zealous about the brand, could potentially be that 1%. BMW's core competency is engineering. As long as they continue to nail that... the numbers will follow. If not, we'll likely see the a shift in resources from the M brand to the i brand.
Appreciate 6
trife.198.00
ando2000.50
Sedan_Clan25085.00
F32Fleet3570.00