10-28-2020, 01:22 PM   #48
seepete753
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Tanzanite F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
I don't get this this. Why target them, this was never done or needed for other generations. We saw adults driving bimmers as kids or having ridden in them as kids. Or having auto magazines or saw races with them and knew when we grew up we will one day get one.

These youngsters don't care about cars like the generations before them did. So I doubt this strategy will help them in the future. Well maybe it will when they start building the electric appliances at which point they'll lose me. Perhaps that's the idea that those of us who buy these cars today won't patronize them when they go full electric appliances. At which point, will most likely appeal to this demographic then.
I'm a millennial (unfortunately) and one of my fellow millennials told me one night "dude, you're like the last millennial that even cares about cars I don't get it" and I couldn't help but agree. Obviously I have a few friends that are car enthusiasts too but that makes up probably 2% of my friends at best. We are a dying breed unfortunately as more and more kids don't care about driving dynamics let alone actually want to get their hands dirty and try to work on a car.

People think I'm some kind of damn space wizard because I can drive a manual transmission car

Past Cars: Le Mans Blue 2010 e92 335i M-Sport 6MT // Cobb // BMW Performance Exhaust // AFE DCI Stage 2 // ER CP // Gloss Black BMW Performance Spoiler Rep // BMW Performance Black Grills // 19" Black Avant Garde m359s // TGS HPB LED Interior Kit
Appreciate 2
EXE462100.00
VetteGuy845.50