Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
I do track, so unless they forgot to set it up because the event moved so fast, I didn't like it.
Interesting... I had to push the shifter over to the left to put the transmission sport mode. Not sure what it does in these M Performance cars, I just know I wanted the "S" to appear next to the gear indicator in the dash for faster shifts. Then I pressed the Sport Mode button in the center console and used the iDrive to go to Sport rather than Individual. Again, I didn't have much time, I was just kinda guessing that it would be the most "sporty" mode. After the first lap I didn't find any reason to mess with it.

I found the throttle to be responsive, and turn in to be sharp with some push towards the limit, which was fine because of how the course was laid out-most turns opened up and only one had a decreasing radius. That was the only corner I could tell that the M235i lacked compared to the M2, a tad of understeer at that corner. With trail braking allowing for good rotation, I found every other corner very fun to navigate. A sharp mid-speed right sacrificed into a quick left was the most fun to navigate as I found the M235i easy to transition and the FWD biased AWD allowed early throttle on corner exit to a sweeping right into that decreasing radius turn before the front straight.

That slight push at the limit was probably what made the car so easy to place on this course. After adjusting to it on the first lap, I could anticipate when that push came and aim for the corner exit and start to squeeze the throttle a bit early. That allowed for as much throttle time as possible as the car straightened. I think PERHAPS you might have been late in the throttle, as someone who tracks a RWD myself, I did that the first lap as well. Too late on the throttle and the DSC might have already sensed the understeer and started intervening, limiting your access to throttle. We are used to keeping that rear tame until we start to unwind the wheel. Being a FWD platform with AWD, I figured I could get on it earlier, especially with that slight push at the limit. Additionally, keep in mind that the M235i has a FRONT LSD. It's going to power out of understeer much differently than our RWD cars.

Anyway, that's my take on it. I'm no pro, but I was surprised that I liked how the car drove. I absolutely hated the idea of a FWD based bimmer and the looks made me hate it even more.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0