frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by naywa01 View Post
Great pics, you've taken some nice angles and got the depth of colour. What device did you use, phone or a 'proper' camera?
Thanks! I used a Canon 6D MkI with a 16-35mm f/2.8L and a 85mm f/1.8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
IoMG looks more vibrant in these pics versus any other pics I've seen. Are these filtered? Thanks for sharing them.
Common misconception. Unless you shoot RAW, all photos are "filtered", especially photos taken with your smartphone. There are all kinds of algorithms going on and decisions on color, white balance, contrast, brightness, saturation etc, your phone is making to produce the image you see. I shoot in raw and I adjust to make the photos appear as close to the reality of how I saw them.

Most smartphone photos are more flat and have significantly less dynamic range and tend to vary from too much saturation to too little. I like to make those decisions myself for photos like this.
Appreciate the explanation As it is well beyond my understanding.

Let me phrase the question like this: Isle of Man green looks different (to me) in these pics versus other pics we have seen. Would you say these pics are an accurate representation of what the color looks like in person?

I had been considering the color until someone posted pictures of it next to a YMB F80 at a Canadian event and thought it looked very boring compared to YMB, my all time favorite color.
Appreciate 0