Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M8 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by acce98 View Post
I asked my BMW sales VP when the xDrive version will be available and what the price difference is between RWD and AWD. They told me that, in EU, the Competition will be available around March 2021 and the RWD version will be replaced by the xDrive version.

Maybe this is false, but it might even be consistent like the M5/M8. Why I should buy a RWD version instead of the xDrive version that can switch to RWD? I don't think the real reason is only the weight 30/40 Kg.
30-40 kilos? How is that?

They recently weighed the 991 4s vs the s and it was 180lb, 82kg. You can be sure the M3 will show at least that same delta.

If you're going to haul around the weight of an AWD system you might as well take advantage of the increased traction. It would make no sense whatsoever to have a car with the weight and components of AWD and then run it in RWD when you can buy the same car at a lower price, +80kg lighter and with fewer components that break
Yep you are right , the delta will be approx 80/100 Kg for sure .
RWD or AWD It depends where you live.
RWD for me can be fine but unfortunately from November to March we have lot of snow on the street , this is the reason that I'm looking for AWD .

I must wait .. On the market there aren't any new alternative on this segment .
Appreciate 0