JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Ok so you make some valid points.

But it's 2020, and BMW is still making the M3 in 6MT. I, for one, am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. That is a tremendous fact that, over the past 4-5 years, is something that should not be taken for granted given all the rumors we heard to the contrary. This is a huge positive...I would say this is a glass "half full" scenario.

Hp/Torque are only a concern for me for the first 1,200 miles before break in service, at which point I will tune.

The biggest relief to me is that the suspension for the Base and Comp is the same. I would hate to be forced to drive a "lesser car" in other ways.

My dealership is a high volume dealership on Long Island, NY. They have 8 orders in for manuals, 3 for Competition Packages. I find that shocking...

BMW isn't trying to kill the 6MT. But the future is electric so it has a very short shelf life.
Depends where you like though. No U.K. manuals, small market for them and prior sales feedback I bet was that they were hard to shift here.

It's a little sad but for me, M2/3/4 I had were all DCT as this car has to do it all and U.K. is the most densely populated country in Europe with roads to match!

I'm delighted for the current M2 and future M3/4 owners it's still possible but not in the U.K. unless the CS might be possible.