View Single Post
      09-27-2020, 08:41 AM   #4
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
I'm more surprised they killed the DCT to be honest. Far superior in this type of car to the auto slush box as the only alternative to the MT
I get it that the ZF 8 spd is a good autobox. . . But how is there no variation whatsoever in offerings across the performance (and economy) car market? I understand it's versatile and what not and can be tuned different ways, it's just amazing to me how unbelievably how well dispersed they've gotten into a wide range of car offerings.

I am with you totally on your sentiment, and they killed the DCT without any market research whatsoever out of what I assume is a pure cost analysis.

10 years ago when Mercedes killed their manual transmission I said I wouldn't ever go that route. . . Now they offer their wet clutch DCT variant which is somehow the most exciting automatic transmission offered by the German manufacturers at this point. It's amazing how the offerings ebb and flow, and now the "most comfortable" brand of the big 3 offers the more engaging transmission for the every day driver (since Audi also killed it's DSG).
Appreciate 4
LSM1118.00
bm4w144.50
maelfyn153.50