07-02-2020, 04:02 PM   #22
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Digital dashes have been around since like 2008 in honda civics and toyota priuses, they arent new and everything about them isnt great. I get that they are the future, I am expressing my dissatisfaction that the version default (apparently) for M is digital speedo readout and vertical meter for the tach. A digital but rotational display for these would be great.

Expressing dislike is the reason that the idrive doesnt suck anymore, bmw improved it to help sales/profits after people complained. If you dont think bmw reads or gets notified about public opinions you are mistaken. If u like the LCD design thats great. I dont

I would like to see more software options for displays on the dash. Audi has 4-6 options for their lcd dash, bmw should do the same. One of the options should be more like outgoing models f10, f36 and all cars ever before them, which have rotational needle-based displays. this can easily be mimicked in software, bmw themselves have done it in the g30 5 series - which is a design i like
It seems like this car shares its tach with other new G chassis M cars like the M8, in where the vertical tach is only displayed when you're in "M Mode". Otherwise it should still have the two somewhat rotational tachs.

And I completely agree with you, BMW needs to step up their "tach game" because they're not up to par with Audi or Mercedes...once can even make a case they're going backwards. I personally loved the F90 M5 tach...even the F32 4 series digital dash was great.