m630
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
If the car regained some of the magic that was lost when entering the EPS and FI era and has the reliability of the G8X it would have to be really ugly to pass up on.

When someone says hard pass due to a new grill design I’m shaking my head
Knowing what we know already, how in your mind could it possibly regain some of the old magic? Just because of higher HP?

My F80 was also an absolute joy to drive each and every day and was the pinnacle in many ways of M ownership, even faster and easier to drive than my former S85 E63.

However, im not saying, and not sure everyone (anyone) is saying hard pass JUST because its BUTT ugly, its actually all of the above and more and the last straw is the ugly design.

What i mean is, those of us that have followed and enjoyed for decades the offerings from M have finally has enough. First it was the move away from MT only M cars. Then the wannaB an M but never will be \\\M SUVs came about. Then FI...Then came EPS...Then came an M3 bigger than an E39 M5.

Now you will have to deal with all wheel drive on an M3 and a SLUSHBOX it appears for the most powerful versions of the new M3 - And yup... another thing to deal with - multi levels of M3s for peps to fight over which is the “real” M (and no comparison to the very scare CSLs of the past that were true strippers with performance as the focus and not generally for sale in the US).
And ofcourse, the car has gotten so damn big and heavy that one can hardly call this an M3, its nowhere near the size and nimbleness of what the small car M was all about.

So, its not at all just because of the bucktooth bandit grilles, but in fact the totality of the fall from grace that M has done to now offer something that by 90+% of the biased enthusiasts and their ilk all believe to be ugly, in addition to changing each and every enjoyable attribute from the cars previously known as the M3 into a bland, snout nose, bloated car with very little linkage to the history that made it at all possible.

Thats why its a hard pass.
Appreciate 3