Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
What a ridiculous statement. Many of us actually like the thing and the vast majority of those obsessed with criticizing it will own one over the 5-6 year life cycle.

I read a lot of hate towards a car yet to be revealed and ignore it all but to state the people who designed it are "100% not proud of it" is the worst kind of hysterics I have ever seen on this forum.
I don't know what your definition of many is, but you must be getting your estimates from another forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
From my recent M4 Preview.
The remarkable thing is that presence is in abundance.
People always said that M cars were too tame. With the new 4 there was more opportunities to bring the appearance to a new era.

When you see both M3 and M4 you will see how more radical these cars are in regards to proportion, stance and in case of the M4 it's more dynamic profile allowing for its inclusion for Motorsport.
Definitely M4 has more muscle than a conventional M440i Coupe.

The new Aerodynmics offer a new interpretation of the current look that has been around for almost two decades. Again highly sculpted to provide function over form.

The new exclusive to the M3/M4 hood symbolises Motorsport history especially with Coupes adapted for Motorsport such as the E9,E30 and E24. The lines recessed at the top of the grille allows the bonnet to be higher when it runs along the centre of the car without resorting to a power dome.

The competition Wheel design was shown in a recent spy photograph of the M3.

Both M3 and M4 will cater to more performance and aerodyanmic appearance down the line of this generation.

The problem is, 90%< of owners just get these cars as daily drivers and don't track them. So their primary focus is appearance. Which this car is severely lacking.
Where did you get that 90% figure from? It might be better to just say something like "I'm willing to bet that the majority of m3 owners don't track their cars." This way you're not using definitive figures without reference, and you don't have to worry about using the inequality sign incorrectly.
Here >90%. Since that's what you're focused on in this entire thread.

There are no definitive statistics for something this specific. But it doesn't take a genius to extrapolate:

1- it's a 4 door sedan with almost as many convenience features as an S class.

2- it's meant for the road first, track second.

3- even those that do track it, most go once or twice a year average. Still not justifying a hideous car.

4- its competitors are the RS4/5, C63, Quadrifoglio.

5- other competitors managed to design beautiful cars while focusing on performance, including BMW (M8).

6- owners that track their cars are commonly enthusiasts, which are most likely forum members. So you can most likely gauge the percentage of owners that track the car just from this forum.

7- if you like the design, that's great. But most on here do not and you need to respect that. If you don't want negative feedback then don't post shit on a PUBLIC forum.
chrisk03153.00