View Single Post
      09-10-2019, 02:40 PM   #43
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
It seems like that is what is coming though -- a detuned version with the 6MT? BMW is likely assuming that the "build it and they will come" mantra will play out in enough demand to make it worth the expense.

I've always planned to order a 6MT example, but at this point I think I'm out completely on the G80. I spent a good bit of time looking over a G20 last week, and the car is simply too big. It's as big or bigger (sure feels bigger) than my E39 M5 I sold last year, and I'm just not interested in such a massive M3. Next to my E90 M3, the G20 looks humongous.

One has to wonder just how long this "turn a 3-series into a 5-series" thing will continue. Even though the G20 is now at the size of an E23 7-series (actually it has a longer wheelbase and is wider and taller than the E23), it somehow manages to appear and feel even larger.
I agree with this. Along with the questionable grill, next M3 and M4 are just too big length wise and I'm sure weight wise. Plus AWD and no DCT. Hard to spend $80k on something with all these negatives. I prefer cars the size of an M2 or 911.
Appreciate 1
CSBM52695.50