View Single Post
      07-24-2020, 01:35 PM   #141
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Hof kink is still there. On the M4 is just exaggerated and stretched out. M3 is still there at the traditional angle.

Angels. BMW went from circles, to hexagonal, to what we see on the M3 which is partial hexagon. I think the completely circular angels were getting a little old fashioned. I can understand that people don't like the new design but it is essentially the hexagon design.

Kidney grilles are there, but we get it, you don't like the large ones. Most don't and BMW knew it would receive a lot of backlash. Designs like this require time. I personally think it's bold and I'll reserve judgement for a year or two after I start seeing them on the road.

Hidden gas tank? I'm starting to think you don't know much about cars.

Integrated "4 exhausts". Are you talking about tail pipes? I have no idea what you're looking at, but they still look like real tail pipes to me. Four of them in the right shape and at about the same position as previous M cars.
When the Hof Kink is stretched out, it's not really a kink anymore. But call it whatever you want, Mr. Hofmeister would not be happy.

Agree the circles were getting dated, but the new ones are starting to border a "L" (the LCI 5 series is a good example).

Technically, the large vertical grills are real kidney grills when compared to the anatomical kidneys, but obviously we are all used to the horizontal "kidney" grills. The problem is, they do not look like kidneys at all. They look like bucktooth beavers, and not the attractive beavers either. Audi has done a pretty good job of refining the "large grill" theme. BMW, not so much.

See this post for hidden muffler. I've owned over 60 cars, but sure, I don't know anything about cars. But at least I know what is fugly! https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=108

The 4 exhausts are housed in a square cut out. Looks really cheap and almost an afterthought. That's what I'm referring to. M's have always have nice looking exhausts and exhaust housing.

I still think that someone in BMW design had sex with a beaver...until you can prove me wrong.

Last edited by thebmw; 07-26-2020 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 0