View Single Post
      06-27-2022, 01:21 PM   #16
gs1403
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by comebackid View Post
OK, I reapplied through BMW FS and got the 3.49. Dealer said ok, but I need to take delivery by August 31. Car is currently at 'Production Begins' status, and I'm in NJ (NYC metro area). I'm thinking 50/50 I'll get it by then.

He didn't admit to jacking the rate, but when I originally got the 3.99 rate, he reassured me that if it goes longer than 60 days, I'm still good. He didn't
say that this time so I hope he doesn't pull a fast one.
Chances are you won't get the car by then. Not impossible, but highly unlikely considering all the shipping delays, etc. Last I know, rate locks with BMWFS should be good for 120 days, even on the East Coast and BMW does grant extensions if it does in fact go past 120 days. This is based on discussions with several dealers. Sounds like they're just looking for an excuse to mark up your rate again, especially if the FS rates do go up.
2023 G82 M4 Competition / Dravit Grey Ind. / Silverstone/Black Full Merino / Carbon Fiber trim / Bi-color 826M / Executive / M Carbon Ceramic Brakes / Icon Adaptive LED Headlights / M Shadowline Lights / M Carbon Exterior
Appreciate 1