View Single Post
      11-19-2021, 06:42 AM   #40
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
In architecture, there is a dilemma for designers called form Vs function.

The question is, I guess, would you live in a mansion that looks like a dog house, or a house that looks like a mansion?

To me, personally, I'd like to think I would love getting into my car as much as I would getting out of it.

Let me elaborate: aesthetics is what would make me love getting into a good looking car, whereas performance is what would put a smile on my face when getting out of the car.

Just as in architecture, it's often difficult to achieve both in equal proportions, but if and when you do, you'll have a car that will be loved for time immemorial.

That's where Aston Martin, for example, shines - it has both the looks and performance and the resale price is indicative of that fact be it a DB4 or a DB9.

Obviously, this is hugely subjective, and as such, subject to interpretation.
If the interior of the "looks like a mansion" house wasn't very functional, or missing necessary features, I'd rather live in the functional dog house. Obviously, a mansion that looks like a mansion would be optimal, but either way the hot water heater needs to actually work and the roof has to keep the rain out.
Appreciate 1