07-13-2021, 04:48 PM   #4
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximian View Post
If you absolutely need a helmet in a short amount of time, the cheapest Racequip (all over Amazon) in a larger size than what you think would work. It's not the safest option, but it'll work. I picked up a Racequip Pro15 for under 200 and it's been my backup helmet. Once you go beyond the cheapest helmets, they become a bit more specialized. That means you really need to be able to try it on before purchasing.

I've done the measurements of my head while talking to one of the popular equipment vendors, had accurate numbers, and picked a helmet that would fit. Once it arrived, it was instantly painful. Couldn't keep it on for more than a minute even with removing and adjusting padding.
Thanks. I'm definitely making a shortlist of helmets known to work with the "long oval" head shape. Arai specializes in that, HJC has some good options, and Bell apparently makes helmets for all possible headshapes.

I need something for mid-September, but COVID continues to make things like "trying on helmets" very challenging here.
Appreciate 0