10-21-2020, 03:37 PM   #21
E91WAG3N
Wagon Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39, E91, E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I buy from ECS, prefer to buy from an established company that has been in business for some amount of time over Ebay or Amazon where I can't really tell who I am buying from or what I am getting. Filters are simple to make "almost" OEM and I don't care if I spend a few extra dollars for less hassle and confidence in what I buy on what is my most expensive possession after my house.

Probably cheaper places but as long as I have a good experience I can't see a reason to go somewhere else.
5-10 years ago ECS used to be great before they along with Turner, Pelican Parts, and other "independent" vendors were bought out by an investment firm.

I bought a bumper about a year ago (they sent completely the wrong one) and a fuel pump a few months ago (they sent an open box/used unit). Really poor experiences and total hassle to deal with returning and getting the correct items both times.

Getbmwparts.com has been my go to along with Schmiedmann. Both have AMAZING customer service, are super responsive, and always willing to go the extra mile. Unfortunately it's not cost effective to order from these 2 sources when all you need is a filter.
Appreciate 0