09-16-2020, 06:32 PM   #140
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
This is true, I hate the way it looks in pictures but the pictures and the reality are two very different things due to lighting, camera focal length, etc. so I'm still anxious to see it in reality many times and judge it fairly.

I hated the latest 7 series until I was riding a bicycle through Germany and stumbled into some kind of photoshoot with about 8 new 7s and 2 pre-LCI 7s all parked together and immediately preferred the look of the LCI cars.

I hated the X7 in pictures until I saw one parked at just the right angle and catching the light in an interesting way and now I think the X7 looks good in most configurations.
This is essentially true. Having seen them in person today, all of the lines in the renders are correct, but you do get a different feel for it in person. The car still isn't amazing in person, but perhaps a little better than in the render. I was hoping to walk in and see it and say, "now that's hot! That's absolutely going to be my next car! Way better than in the online pics!" Unfortunately, my reaction was, "It looks pretty nice. About what it looked like online. I guess I'll probably get one since there really isn't anything else in the same coupe ballpark."
Appreciate 0