First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M550d F11, 225xe U06

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Again you want a luxury car with a M badge to be a poseur because you don’t really want a Performance car. Thats well and good and unfortunately where all M cars are headed.
By doing this - BMW has watered down M cars and the prestige of that badge.
Basically the loyal enthusiasts that cultivated the M brand now need to suffer so the general public can comfortably sit in traffic and show off their M badge.
You are 100% correct with your statement. I just wanted to explain why BMW did this. I'm not for or against a DCT, frankly I don't really give a crap about that decision. Personally, I want a fast, but more luxury car and most people, just like me, give more priority to luxury than having a fast car on the track. An M550i would probably be the better choice compared to an M3. And more people in the target group = more sales = more $$$. And that's why BMW put a converter in the G80.

The problem is the word enthusiast. By the definition of it, it's a small group of people. Once upon a time, M did cater for these, but that's long gone, at least since the X5M was introduced.

Last edited by Flamingi; 05-13-2020 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 0