View Single Post
      05-12-2020, 11:43 PM   #273
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
So basically you bought the wrong car. You sit in traffic 99% of the time then buy a car for that purpose bec M3s shouldn’t be used for that. They should be first for Performance driving but also still serve as commuter car. I’m sure you complain how uncomfortable the suspension is over potholes.

M cars should be for the minority that want ultimate performance. If you want auto buy M340i. This is just watered down M car. Whats next no more widebody lol

I wish BMW would copy Porsche- build a car for the masses (911) but then offer a raw performance version a la GT3/GT3RS.
100% agree. Fed up of hearing people who buy a 'motorsport inspired' car and then complain about the suspension not being soft enough and the transmission being raw.

Reminds me of the Top Gear episode where James May showed up for a 1000 mile road trip across some country in a 911 GT3 RS and Clarkson/Hammond fell about laughing saying "you brought the wrong car". 200 miles later he was dripping with sweat and cursing every time the car hit a pothole.

I will totally take that tradeoff. I am even happy daily driving a car with an "automated manual" sequential gearbox because it brings a smile to my face every time. There are one or two things I don't like about the M-DCT (e.g. lack of clutch control reversing up a hill to parallel park), but saying that "it's total trash" because you bought the wrong car just makes me laugh.

...and cry. Because BMW's marketing people listen to crap like that.

I've said this before, but I really think that BMW should make the M340i the most expensive model in the range. (just add $10K to the price!). That way certain folks will be able to buy it and be happy, rather than buying an M and being sad.

Last edited by pbar; 05-12-2020 at 11:57 PM..
Appreciate 6
ra2289305.50
wfdeacon881105.00
SYT_Shadow11479.50
Mavus2029.50