kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsd View Post
M cars aren't supercars, everything about those are raw, loud, and visceral. You don't daily a supercar. You daily an M. Apples and oranges.
M isn't a supercar, but it used to represent a daily driveable race car; punching two classes above their weight is what M used to do.

96+ E36 M3s were offered with 321hp, making 100hp per liter with a naturally aspirated engine which was first from BMW and only rivaled by Ferrari back in the day. You look at E92 M3/E60 M5 with F1 inspired V10/V8 engines, they were compared to Porsche and Ferrari of the time in terms of driving dynamics and engagement. I didn't feel the particular need to get a Porsche years ago and have never looked at AMG or RS variants. All these M cars were only offered with an automated manual (including DCT) or MT.

Now BMW M just does a bare minimum to keep their relative advantage in the segment (i.e. vs AMG,RS). If BMW M cannot offer what it used to offer- uncompromising driving pleasure and performance- I will unfortunately have to move onto a flat six with PDK.
SYT_Shadow11421.00