View Single Post
      11-30-2019, 04:39 PM   #202
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
With over a year until the G8X is available the new M2 shouldn’t be far behind and there seem to be a possibility it will inherit some of the 3.0 CSL heritage concept car’s look...
We can but hope! I would buy that in a heartbeat. Saw an interesting post that claims the i4 is going to be equivalent of 550hp so maybe this is the new "M" car?

I have never kept a car longer than 3 years, but now it's really looking like I'm going to have to hold onto the current M4 until 2021! :-(

Quote:
Or go MT for the G8X, highly recommended
I am considering it ... but after driving RHD manual cars for 25 years in the UK, I moved to the US and it just feels *wrong* trying to shift with my right hand (being left handed probably doesn't help). In the end, I'm not a luddite, and get just as much fun out of choosing my shift points on a DCT paddle-shift (with the benefit of two hands on the wheel). Driving a DCT well on track still requires you to be in the right gear for the right corner, and not to shift when the tires are under high load, etc. I don't expect to have that option with the ZF8.

Quote:
I love the feel of higher quality engineering in my M car and our Porsche everyday every drive on or off the track. The M performance cars look similar but feel totally different.
I also love the feel of a well-engineered car, and each time I test drive an M-perf variant I get that 'slushy rental car' feeling. (Just like whenever I test-drive a P-car, my M doesn't feel so great afterwards). Bottom line is that I want to feel the car is special, I want to be able to drive it hard on the track and not be worried about it falling apart, and I want to have a huge grin on my face while I'm doing it.
Appreciate 0