View Single Post
      08-31-2019, 10:31 AM   #31
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
If i may ask: Knowing to rev-match what's the point to have one?
It's a habit where you don't even think, you just do it. It's programmed in your subconscious mind. Which means you are doing it without knowing it!
I've been driving automatics since I got married. Tried to teach the Wife to drive and she could never get the heal-toe thing, she hated the jerking from downshifting. I have been itching for 10 years to get back into a stick. Recently, I drove a 340i ZHP Manual, I really liked the rev match and it was much smoother when downshifting, sealed my decision to get a manual M as next car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
I am ok with Rev Matching as long as it can be disabled in Sport+. The later models (F80 before it went out of production and F82s made in recent months) have Rev Matching in all 3 throttle maps.

I had 50k miles on my 16 F80 when I jumped into an M3 CS. The Rev Matching was VERY inconsistent the entire time, would work for a day and then not work for a week...it was insane.
It would seem that the "Rev Match" should be an on/off option, just open the iDrive and select yes or no and have the memory set to keep as last setting so when you don't have to reset to your preferred position each time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pic18 View Post
After getting used to it I actually really like the rev-match feature and think it can actually add a bit of fun to street driving. That said I do not know why it can't just be a separate button that you turn on and off at will. When it is useful to you turn it on, when it is not turn it off.
+1

2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet Agate Grey/Black PDK
2019 440i M-Sport Smoke Topaz Metallic/Opel (Sold)
2014 335i M-Sport Black/Beige MPPK/MPE (Totaled)
2013 328i Sport xDrive Imperial Blue/Grey (Sold)
Appreciate 0